Stories & Features
- Jagriti: Women sing out (Radio Netherlands/WAMU)
- Cinemawallah Salim (Radio Netherlands)
- Prabha Panse, India's Yenta, matchmaker for the disabled
- Disability is dangerous in India, a portrait of a blind woman struggling to be self-sufficient despite society.
- Kidneys for cash (Radio Netherlands)
- Pilfering Power in India (The State We’re In, Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
As Earthbeat shuts its doors at Radio Netherlands Worldwide, the Sonologue team also said goodbye to the Earthbeat India edition that we produced in English and Hindi for two years.
For two years, the Sonologue-produced magazine style program ran in Hindi on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month and in English on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month on All India Radio.
In each show, we hosted 2 stories from around the world, reported by the team at Earthbeat and 2 stories from India, reported by the …
our most recent story was about how Mumbai, finance and bollywood capital of India, has raised its legal drinking age from 21 to 25. We spoke to the minister of housing who sits on the social justice ministry about it as well as a liquor store owner and a 21-year-old.
Reporter Chhavi Sachdev profiles a matchmaker in Mumbai who helps people with disabilities to make a love connection.
We’ve done a story about Prabha Panse before for European radio stations, we figured America should know about her too It’s just about 5 minutes long.